Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Loan repayment company

For my feature story covering student loan repayment, I'm going to cover is the Indian Health Service. According to their website, "The purpose of the IHS Loan Repayment Program (LRP) is to obtain health professionals to meet the staffing needs of the IHS in Indian health programs."



Students can sign a contract and work full time in the IHS clinic for 2 years. In return, the Loan Repayment Program (LRP) will repay all or a portion of the applicant's eligible health professionals educational loans or tuition expenses.



Applicants are eligible to have their educational loans repaid in amounts up to $20,000 per year for each year of service.



After calling the IHS office, I reached a voicemail answering machine and left a message with my information. Hopefully I will receive a call back soon.

1 comment:

Dr. Spaulding said...

Wow, good program. I didn't see any other students covering this one! Email and call again today. Be pleasantly persistent. ;-)